View Single Post
05-10-10, 09:11 PM   #12
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xenoronin View Post
The aim originally was actually to have a panel of judges made up of respected members of the UI community. However, that was last year when I first tried to get this running (Only people on the official forums ever really knew I was trying to set something up though.) and when that fell through I kinda vanished without a trace on Elloria, Carebear, Wimpsy, syrupK (there were more but the lineup was chopped and changed a lot so these are the few I defo remember). Last year's model died due to legal issues, my impending exams and generally delay after delay after delay.

This time I didn't want to disappoint anyone so I ran the whole thing myself (with a truck-full of help and support from Tukz of www.tukui.org) to avoid any external issues.

For the next competition, I have all of this experience beneath me so I can actually go back and look at the original idea and get it working! I am almost positive there will be judges once more but there will be a host of other changes too.
Estimated time when the next one will be? Also, maybe try to promote it a bit more, I can help too when you run it, on the US forums, so more people submit instead of having so few submit because I know there are alot of talented people out there that can whip up something pretty promising for the purpose of a competition