View Single Post
04-21-07, 11:14 AM   #9
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ClemSnide
It's been about eight months, so I hope you found out how to load your old AddOns with the new version: When selecting a character, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner, then check "Load out-of-date AddOns." This method is preferable to modifying the .toc file, which makes it difficult to see which versions are the latest ones.

If that's the only thing that's necessary to make your old AddOns work with the new game patch, great! Now, there are some AddOns that break when a new version of the client is released. All that we authors can do is grumble and go back to the drawing board. You guys can help by telling us what happens, or doesn't happen, and include as much information as possible: What the error message was, what you did just before the error occurred, and whether you can replicate the error by doing what you did to get it in the first place.
When patch day is near, i lose a little hair, kick a few dogs, then when all is calm, i make a backup of what USED to work.. This way i got a list of every mod i worked so hard at fine tuning to my peculiar specifications. Then i hit the sites like a madman! 7 tabs open on mozilla, 9 on opera, and 12 more open on IE7!! papers flying everywhere, coffee hits the floor, ciggy burns in my croch, but i tell ya, it's weeeeellll lworth it, to get the very FIRST working mod for the new patch!!. I scratch my butt, sniff an armpit, *phew*
OFF TO THE NEXT MOD!!!
*wwhhoooosssh*