View Single Post
04-27-16, 04:07 AM   #62
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Decided to take a closer look at LFD role icons and such today, and it looks like that'll be a pretty interesting part of the project. Started out with the original LFD icons and decided I don't really like them much, then made some portrait borders that essentially mimicked those icons (shield for tanks, cross for healers, sword for damage). That honestly was even worse!

But I've got a pretty nice idea from looking at the portrait decor in Diablo 3. Most of them honestly have a LOT more flair than I would ever plan to have for this, but it's made me consider one possible approach. I could create three borders; a rough and blocky tank border; a sharp and jagged damage border; and a curved and elegant healer border. Give them some blue, red, and green flair respectively (or make that part class coloured), and make the iconic role symbol a part of the design somewhere. Then I could take that and make it show across all frames; the player frame, the party frames, and on player targets. It'd give a pretty immediate heads-up as to what that player would be expected to do, and make that a solid part of the frame.

Last edited by Folji : 04-27-16 at 04:39 AM.