View Single Post
12-17-13, 05:47 PM   #42
sklynn
A Kobold Labourer
At the risk of repeating what has already been said, I think it's terrible that this situation has come to this. Scott has such a valid point here, the community has changed and people take what they want and they don't give a crap who they step on in the process. I was thrilled when they announced the looking for dungeon tool. I was a guild master with only one max level toon and could only run with one group for the frost emblem. So I started leveling more to help other guildies and then randoms were introduced. I could run with everyone, and it was amazing! But then I noticed people started treating "pugs" like NPCs; like there wasn't even a real person behind the character they were running with. The first random I ran was met with a very rude person. And most groups I've ran with since are so focused on what they want that they don't even say hi or thanks anymore. There is so little consideration fro other people and what they may want or need. I know this isn't about Blizzard or their in-game functions, but it's not very different. Scott offers and amazing addon; I would be lost without it. Or I would be downloading 10 other addons to build one like his. He does this for free out of the love of his art and for the community. He asked for help for something he believed in, and instead of just not participating, people spit in his face. How hard would it have been to quietly delete the email and move on? I have several addons and I understand that it would be costly for everyone to donate to every addon they used, but that doesn't mean you get to take these free services for granted. If you don't agree with what the author is doing, and can't live with it, then take the high road, uninstall the addon, and move on. Show some maturity. Like others have said, Scott, many of us still stand behind you! Thank you for all your hard work.