View Single Post
12-19-13, 11:39 PM   #57
Beregwyn
A Murloc Raider
WOW!!!! Just WOW!!!!

I have never really been one that has gotten involved with forum debating. I am throwing my hat in the ring on this one. I have been a long time user of nUI and Scott. he has provided a very useful and innovative "product" to the masses without demanding a dime from anyone. With the recent lashing he has gotten by asking for a little help for a cause he holds near and dear, I don't blame him for what he has done. Then to have the very site that he has hosted his addon on ever since I could remember, turn their back on him in the manner that they have. This repulses me. I would like to point a few things out here.

As well as going against our rules:

This file is offered free of charge and is not available elsewhere for a fee.
This file is free from advertisements or promotions or nag screens.
This file has no time limit and is free to use. (Paid or Trial-ware are not accepted here)
1. Scott never has and never will "require" anyone to pay for his add on. With the out lash that has ensued, I don't blame him. Why condemn a man for standing up for himself?

2. There has never been any advertisements, promotions or nag screens in any of Scott's works.

3. There has never been or will be a time limit. It has always been free to use.
Then to say that featured artists are held to a higher standard. There has not been many that has a "higher standard" than Scott has fro all these years. This just upsets me to no end. Scott never required anyone to donate to his charity to gain access to nUI. He simply reached out to a community that he held dear for a little help. I for one donated. It's a worthy cause. It saddens me that others decided to berate him rather than step up. My faith in this site and some of it's "community" has been shattered. I came to this site daily to get updates on nUI and Carbonite. I can now get them both elsewhere. I stand with Scott on this one. Keep up the good work Scott.