View Single Post
08-18-05, 06:49 AM   #42
Laibeus Lord
A Murloc Raider

Cool

Originally Posted by Kaelten
I've had a few people report a major memory leak in the latest version.

Has anyone here experianced this?
not sure... but after I installed "KC_Items 0.92c", I'm eating more mem than the previous version...

anyway...
a serious and I think urgent suggestion and request:
could you prioritize to show your tooltip date in a separate tooltip like Auctioneer and Enchantrix (is it the EnhTooltip??)

The main reason is that WoW refreshes the tooltip for whatever reason and all non-default information in the tooltips gets garbled or is thrown out everywhere... there are also cases wherein the tooltip is interfering with other tooltips and thus (for example) a tooltip showing a player's info will instead show some armour or weapon tooltip.

Other than that, it is more neat and more organize to have your data in a separate tooltip.
You already did a very good job, decreasing memory usage for auction, LL feature and giving a more realistic and accurate data for the (dis)enchants.

Personally, the auction features can go later. I dunno your style of programming but with due respect, (again personally), [I'll] do the separate tooltip at this point since it is easier compared to adding more options and features for say your auction add-on, in the long-run, the separate tooltip (depending on your coding) will just adopt to every new data you will add in the future.... other than doing the separate tooltip after you finish all the other features which I'm sure will take more time than the separate tooltip

Anyway, these are just my suggestions.

I already made the switch, I can still tolerate the tooltip problem [but if auctioneer and enchantrix will fix their memory problem and highly incorrect data, I might get back in favor of their tooltip] (Btw, the tooltip problem is present in every add-on that uses the default tooltip... I think that's one reason why Auctioneer/Enchantrix created their own tooltip.)

More power!

"Lamhirh, I desire,
more than the flowers blooming on my homeland,
more than the wind blowing through my homeland,
more than the stars shining upon my homeland,
is the sound of your voice....
"
- Jint Lynn.