View Single Post
06-02-08, 10:21 AM   #24
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Well, Cairenn was a big EQ player, and loved magelo for EQ. Which EQ was fine with. So, she was originally excited. When we started talking about how it worked and thinking about the TOS, though, she's as concerned about it as the rest of us.

For those of you who are curious, the relevant part of WoW's Terms of Use is this:
4. Limitations on Your Use of the Service
B. You agree that you will not ... (iii) use any third-party software that intercepts, "mines", or otherwise collects information from or through the Program or the Service.

To Silenia:
I hope you do not choose to leave this community. I don't believe that anyone was jumping on you, we just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the risks and the TOS. Thank you for your link to the app - it does look very interesting, and I would use it myself if i knew for certain that it was safe. Yet, alas, we do not know if it is approved by Blizzard. That is the only point we are trying to make. Please, take our concerns back to the Magelo staff and reconsider your choice of leaving.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh