View Single Post
03-19-11, 10:28 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
If it isn't too much to request, I would like to ask for a way to disable the flight timer, I prefer to use another and more precise indicator, than having the big carbonite arrow in the middle of the screen. (The Carbonite arrow is wildly useful in other situations, so its not as if i hate it
Two things: If you do not like where the HUD is positioned, you can always move it to somewhere else on your screen. Also, if you just don't like the HUD showing you where you are flying to, and the time to get there, try this: Open Carbonites options to the "Tracking HUD" page, and the last group of options is "Auto tracking options". Just uncheck the "Taxi destination" option.

I also noticed you state "having the big carbonite arrow in the middle of the screen". You can adjust the size of the tracking arrow on the "Tracking HUD" page also, using the "Arrow Size (number)" option (unless, of course, I'm taking your statement too literally).

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
i agree the carbonite flight timer isnt acurate because it the timer is dependant on the direction the taxi is going which is why the timer keeps fluctating i use Inflight cause the layout is alot better and the timer stays constant regardless of the direction your gryphon is going.
My guess (and it's just a guess, mind you) is that Carbonite uses the Blizzard flight timer. It's been so long since I've used the default interface that I don't remember how well that timer works. I'm guessing (once again) that is about as inaccurate as the one used by Carbonite.

Personally, I don't really care how inaccurate the flight timer is. My problem is that I can't understand why they fly you all over the map when it is quite often shorter to just go directly between where you are and where you are flying to. IE: The other day I was at the Valley of the Watchers (Tanaris) flight point, and had to go to Marshal's Stand in Un'Goro Crater. However, to get there the flight path went through Gadgetzan. Why? I could have rode my trike there faster, if I had known something like that would happen. That extra flight leg added almost half the distance (and the time to do it) to the trip. I can't wait for my Goblin to hit 60. (Sorry for the rant, guys.)