View Single Post
03-20-11, 03:01 AM   #9
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
My guess (and it's just a guess, mind you) is that Carbonite uses the Blizzard flight timer. It's been so long since I've used the default interface that I don't remember how well that timer works. I'm guessing (once again) that is about as inaccurate as the one used by Carbonite.
The way it's supposed to work is that Carbonite records how many seconds each flight takes, then uses that as an assumption for future flights. Let's say you fly from Stormwind to Westfall for the first time, or vice versa. Carbonite records it as taking, say, 63 seconds. It'll from that point assume that all flights Stormwind to Westfall to Stormwind will take 63 seconds, unless a new calculation shows it as 65 seconds or 69 seconds, in which case the newest number will be used instead.

If there are no times recorded for the flight path you've chosen, Carbonite assumes the time will be roughly v * d, that is to say, the speed you're currently traveling in (which with flight paths can vary from +50% to +500% movement speed) times the distance to the target in a straight line.