View Single Post
10-13-10, 07:31 PM   #1
love4stupidppl
A Black Drake

Thumbs up Carb in Cataclysm *CONFIRMED!*

I contacted one of the original owners/devs of this addon via email.
Here is his response:

Yes, I am one of the owners of Carbonite and the main programmer of the addon.

We plan on releasing a new version for Cataclysm when Cataclysm comes out.

Now that this has been cleared up, I say those of you who were waiting for a definitive answer go donate so they can get some encouragement.

Updates:

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We were caught off guard by the 4.0 patch. Haavok is out of town. I have not been playing games the last several weeks, since I'm busy on other projects. My son plays Wow, but has not for the last few days, so we had no idea there was a patch until I got that email today and thought he meant Cataclysm. I ran WoW and the update started saying "4.01". Needless to say I was surprised!

There will be a Carbonite update.

I will be working on fixing immediate 4.0 issues tonight/tomorrow. Don't know how long that will take. Still trying to get our computers patched up. Son's is having errors...
Thanks for the donations! They definitely encourage us to work on it.

We now have the patch applied and WoW seems to be running OK, so I'm looking into the errors now. I'll be up late.
Good news! A ton of code has been patched. The UI, options, map, watch list, quest log and warehouse all seem to be working well.

Blizz is restarting the servers, so I'm off to bed, but I should have a 4.0 beta out tomorrow night (Oct 14) after I wake up and get 4-8 more hours of fixes and testing in.

Beta Version has been released.

To follow latest posts by Carboniteaddon:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...archid=1773412

Last edited by love4stupidppl : 10-15-10 at 06:29 AM.