View Single Post
09-14-08, 10:08 AM   #11
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think that's why it fail on you because the highlight feature has changed since this old version

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Last little comment/question (sorry )
I see a
Code:
Block Comment On Alt = --
near the start.
Does that take care of the limitation in UEdit regarding block/line comments that start with the same substring?
To clarify, if you input the -- line comment, block comments break as UEdit
stops processing the after '--' and '[[' part is ignored hence doesn't understand
it's the beginning of a block comment instead treats it as a line comment.

If the alternate block comment definition solves that; neat trick!
If not I used to differentiate the 2 by making a
Code:
Line Comment = ---
3 '-' instead of 2, it's still a valid lua line comment and I combine it with a macro
that I run on my .lua files replacing occurrences of '--' with '---' on first pass and then '---[[' with '--[[' (to restore block comments).
1)

not sure what you mean here but do you mean if I have a block like that for example

--[[
line1
line2
--line3
line4
line5
]]

you mean if the "--" will break the full block and the block will stops at line3 instead of line5 ? if that what you mean I have tested and "--" does not break the full block and what is commented is from line1 to line5

2) Else I have got the idea to add another section like /C8"WoW Default Frames" to highlight the calls of blizzard frames like UIParent, DessupFrame etc etc, dunno if thats a good idea , maybe too much , will add more apis anyway I have to browse blizz files now
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 09-14-08 at 10:41 AM.