Thread: AeroWow
View Single Post
10-16-09, 12:40 PM   #25
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
erm... no it's not, theres a difference between increased reaction speed, and increased run speed. Now if tuskarrs vitality gave +8% to reaction times then you'd be correct.
You have Tuskarr's, I have Icewalker. The bad thing is about to do that thing where he kills things in the very spot we're standing upon. I've been here a billion times and know that when the bad thing flashes green, hell will break loose. You don't see the flash. I begin moving at the point he flashes. You, given your inexperience, are left wondering why I began moving. The hell breaks loose. I am safely out of range. When you realize you are in harm's way, you begin running away (most likely in the opposite direction of the tank that can save you). Your Tuskarr's speed boost gets you within 5 yards of safety before you die. You got closer to safety than that dude we're pugging this with who also didn't have Tuskarr's. Congratulations, my experience saved me and your Tuskarr's allowed you to die in a resurrection-friendly spot. You camp out and watch your screen for the rest of the fight. We had no battle rez to spend on a dps'er. A smart player doesn't need Tuskarr's (for these types of encounters). Get my drift?

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
You can be the best tank in the world but if your a level 55 deathknight then your still not going to tank ICC. The ability to choose the correct gear/spec to play optimally is as much of an asset as being able to avoid fire and not being a complete Dilbert during an encounter.
I totally agree. Tuskarr's doesn't belong in correctly chosen gear for a tank, at least as a default enchantment. There may be some utility to carrying it on a backup pair of boots or whatever, which I still don't really buy, but nonetheless, it makes no sense to me as a primary enchantment. Your healers increase your survivability. All of your gear should work to increase/support your chosen role (dps, tank, etc.). That's the way it is in 99 situations out of 100

DBM (or similar mods) saves more lives than Tuskarr ever will, and you don't even have to spend mindless hours earning this month's currency to upgrade to marginally better gear to get it.