Thread: AeroWow
View Single Post
10-16-09, 01:24 PM   #31
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
You have Tuskarr's, I have Icewalker. The bad thing is about to do that thing where he kills things in the very spot we're standing upon. I've been here a billion times and know that when the bad thing flashes green, hell will break loose. You don't see the flash. I begin moving at the point he flashes. You, given your inexperience, are left wondering why I began moving. The hell breaks loose. I am safely out of range. When you realize you are in harm's way, you begin running away (most likely in the opposite direction of the tank that can save you). Your Tuskarr's speed boost gets you within 5 yards of safety before you die. You got closer to safety than that dude we're pugging this with who also didn't have Tuskarr's. Congratulations, my experience saved me and your Tuskarr's allowed you to die in a resurrection-friendly spot. You camp out and watch your screen for the rest of the fight. We had no battle rez to spend on a dps'er. A smart player doesn't need Tuskarr's (for these types of encounters). Get my drift?
All I did was point out that 8% run speed increase is not the same as 8% increase in reaction times as you stated previously.

Again I don't play a melee class, I play a mage, and I'm able to pull off maximum DPS when standing still and casting so if I have an enhancement which means when moving around during an encounter I spend 8% more time standing still doing my best DPS, I'm going to take it. Although I'm not sure the parallels BWarner drew between the usefulness of tuskarrs vitality for Mages are the same for warriors, DPS or otherwise as they are fundamentally different.