View Single Post
01-01-11, 10:36 AM   #17
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I do believe *checks*

Yes the latest version of OmniCC is "4.0.waffles10". Tuller named it as such to prove a point with methods of updating : The Version field will take anything a author prints in there.

You can't rely strictly on a numbers based version of checking what the new version is. If the authors don't adhere to a standard of naming the versions any such system would be meaningless.

For example my version numbering system is to version it the same as the current version with the last .x being for bug fixes. So the sound command listing for 3.3.5 is 3.3.5 and 3.3.5.2 for a bug fix.

But not everyone is going to use a logical numbering sequence like that. For example someone could equally as well just one like "Boy , Man , Child , Woman, Girl , Rabbit , Steer , Roast , Apple , Orange , Banana"
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)