View Single Post
07-10-12, 05:53 PM   #10
Rammoth
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can see how it functions on Youtube. In this day and age we have Youtube, where you can find just about anything on it. Guild Wars 2 is on it, you can see beta gameplay on it. The UI and how it functions in the videos, are very good way of coming up with as much as possible of how it functions and looks for World of Warcraft. Sure it can be complicated, but if nothing else the look is extremely possible.

It's too complicated for me to explain more than what I have, and in fact if I had never played Guild Wars 2 Beta, then I would have still understood what I wanted if what I said was said by somebody else. So I don't know why you said that. It seems as if you're being kind of arrogant, but I could be wrong - you might not be trying to be. But it sure comes off like it.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Rammoth, I think the point you're missing is that many addon authors who could help you out with either code or suggestions have not played Guild Wars 2 and have no idea how the UI functions. Reading a Wiki page about color coding in the UI with a few cropped screenshots of various portions of the UI isn't really helpful when you're talking about the feel of the UI in use. Instead of just saying "I want it to be exactly the same" you should try to describe -- in words -- some of the specific differences you want to minimize, and how the addons you've already tried fall short. If you can give me a specific description of the feature or functionality you want, I can immediately tell you if it's possible or not in WoW, and whether there are any addons that will give it to you, or where you should start with writing it yourself.

Otherwise, you're really limiting yourself by requiring anyone to have played GW2 before they can help you, especially when you're posting on a WoW-specific forum.