View Single Post
07-29-16, 06:02 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Eos View Post
I can use PhanxTooltip as an example, a pretty basic addon that I've used for a while and grown fond of. It has been spitting errors like no tomorrow since the 7.0.3 patch which can't be good for client stability even if things appear to run fine, right?
In the case of Phanx's addons, I would say let her know about the errors and just wait. Each addon page has instructions on how to report problems. It seems the majority of authors have multiple projects they work on, forums they participate in, games they play, and not to mention trying to have a life too. Patience is very important.

Is it that simple for someone like me with no lua knowledge? Is it easy to keep addons updated yourself unless it's a bigger dog as long as long as you don't want new features?
From personal experience I can't write a lick of code myself. Thanks to this site and it's community though, I can understand some of what I read in others code. The trick is to start with a small addon and learn how it works. Maybe make a change and see what happens. And of course, ask questions.