View Single Post
07-30-16, 07:32 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
In the case of Phanx's addons, I would say let her know about the errors and just wait. Each addon page has instructions on how to report problems. It seems the majority of authors have multiple projects they work on, forums they participate in, games they play, and not to mention trying to have a life too. Patience is very important.
^ This. I haven't had an active subscription or any interest in playing WoW in 8+ months (around the new year I upgraded to a larger SSD and switched to Linux as my main OS, and didn't get around to figuring out how to run the Battle.net app under Wine until very recently). I hadn't really planned on doing anything further with my addons, but when the patch hit, it turned out I wasn't quite ready to let my babies die, so I am slowly updating them on a trial account.

However, there are about 50 of them to update, and I still have other hobbies and responsibilities, so it's taking a while. PhanxTooltip needs more than just a TOC bump (honestly it's probably just a few minor API changes, but that's still research I have to go do to find the new function names/returns) and doesn't have a very large userbase, so it's pretty far down the list as far as update priority goes. It will eventually be updated, though. If it's working for now, just ignore the errors.