View Single Post
06-12-09, 11:41 PM   #36
Mooshroom
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Ackis View Post
Can't just let the links stay, and let darwinism take effect?
Cruel, but i like it

When this thread started i actually typed up a lengthy reply about account security (how to create a safe password, how to keep that password safe), steps to do to make sure your PC is safe (patch the OS, patch your browser, using virus/malware protection, etc.), and general behavior on the internet (Hey look, a new Dragonballs screensaver in .exe format! Let's install it! It's on this cool new site i never heard about before, can't be bad right?)

After frantically typing away for an hour i realized i could sum up the entire post with "Use your brain(s)". Which brings me to the darwinian approach Ackis brought up ... if you're too greedy, lazy and stupid to fall for any of the scams or compromised files, you probably deserve it and you'll not be missed on the server you're playing on. The information on what to do and how to do it is out there; if you chose to be ignorant ... oh well

That only applies to people that click stuff without taking a second to think about what they're doing. I don't know of a single "hacked" account that couldn't ultimately be tracked down to some kind of user fail.

Of course there is ways to unknowingly help other people to access to your account that about nobody ever brings up: Ever played WoW in a public place like LAN party or internet café? Over an unsecured wireless network even? Just food for thought