View Single Post
06-11-09, 02:38 PM   #42
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tearstar View Post
I had considered all of these issues and had considered something to this effect

## Title: HUD

## Title: UnitFrame

## Title: HunterMod

## Title Healz+ | Priest/Druid
But to be honest I like the idea of the "Bolt on Packs" or Plug-in Idea.

Now doing it this way, it should still keep the saved variables and layout design I set it up with with my WTF included correct?

Even doing it with the bolt on packs, I'd still like to colorize the Core addons by type, but this will cut the list down to where I maybe able to pm those authors.

I'll look into that, any other ideas and suggestions are welcome.
Yes each "Bolt-on pack" would contain the standard Interface and WTF folders set up. When the user drops the folder into their existing Interface and WTF folders, provided they don't have those AddOns already installed (they shouldn't if they are installing a new UI), then Windows/OS X will simply write those files on the disc (with the usual "This is what I am going to do, do you really want this?" warning from their OS). Using the plug-in idea allows the user to download the bits they want and also helps your host's bandwidth since every user does have to download the whole enchilada just to get, for example, a Priest UI.