View Single Post
04-13-14, 02:12 AM   #7
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
One of course assumes you are posting the actual bugs and what you were doing when the bug occurred. It usually helps developers when they get as much information as possible. And a really fun thing to do is run the problematic addon by itself to ensure the problem can be reproduced with nothing else (non-system-Blizzard) involved.
Are you saying that I (or any of us users) should beta-test Rythal's own code for him to find out if his code works, or not? My use of his 'current' (pardon the expression) code shows many problems. Of course, I'm referring to the Beta/Alpha version of his code since there is no 'Release' version since the year 1908. (big grin). I'm the user.... he's the author. Who's responsible for this addon? I NEVER see frequent updates/fixes for known (reported) dozens of issues, except for issues that impact other addon authors, which are great things unto themselves! Compatibility is very important, but the core functions are even MORE important for those of us who do not use certain other addons (IMHO).

There are many CORE ISSUES still unresolved or even mentioned by Rythal. I love this addon and the work he has done to keep it alive (alive, but barely breathing), but I can't help myself from wondering what state of progress it is in currently. Updates are months apart, and even those updates don't relate to CORE issues. God bless Rythal, the addon author, he seems to be vacant most of the time from this forum. I play this game every day, generally, but I never see frequent, relevent activity in updates to this historically famous addon. From what I have encountered, Carbonite has never been updated for the Pandaria expansion (completely). And, Pandaria was released a very long time ago. Far too many bugs still remain in Carbonite, and not even acknowledged, let alone repaired, even though reported.

Nimhfree... do you expect me (and other users) to re-report (in detail with attachments) each of the problems we encounter when there is very little hope that our reports will be read and/or addressed?

I'm only trying my best to not only keep this great addon alive, but to encourage it's future. I'm not complaining just to complain. I truly care.