View Single Post
07-30-10, 06:08 AM   #29
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I personally prefer interfaces that keep themselves in the same basic feel as the default interface does: at least three action bars visible on the bottom of the screen, action bars on the right side, unit frames somewhere easily visible and minimap in the top right portion of the screen. But I'm also very focused on the general style and feel of the interface I use. Not that many of the really commonly used visual styles for design interface--like the minimalistic setups, pixel fonts, gradient backgrounds, bottom screen dashboards, and so on--really appeal to me all that much. I understand and respect the fact that most interface designers aren't exactly artists and try to make the best of what they're able to create, but personally it's a world of design choices that personally I just don't like.

Because of both of the above, I'm currently enjoying myself with Zork's Roth UI, which I've done some modifications of to suit my own preferences. It has the base design and setup that I like playing with, and quite honestly it looks kick-ass.