View Single Post
11-30-11, 02:56 PM   #18
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
theres a quick and dirty fix in there for OmniCC which the nUI user may have used to fix nUI.
Looks like they added a new API function called SetActionUIButton() that handles the action bar cooldown frames from C code. Looks like he hooked that function to get his code to work, then scanned in all of the bars, adding all the buttons manually.

Originally Posted by Shadowed View Post
Out of curiosity, do you have an example of what it is you're trying to do that you cannot anymore?
For example, my SpellList addon scans through the spell database to allow the user to view them. It uses a FPS limit-based throttle to ensure the FPS rate doesn't go below a certain number while scanning. To do this, it takes a timestamp from the last update and runs until the difference from that and the current time exceeds time determined by the FPS limit. At which, the code releases the OnUpdate handler to let WoW continue the rendering pass. The difficulty imposed is that GetTime() only updates after every OnUpdate. Notice I never said this was impossible to fix. Just that Blizzard tends to like to make things unnecessarily difficult.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-30-11 at 03:00 PM.