Thread: Hmm...
View Single Post
01-24-15, 04:00 AM   #10
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Talyrius View Post

500 megabytes per day?!? How are you supposed to do anything on that connection? I don't even have that great of a connection (100 Mbps) and I would hit the limit after just 40 seconds of downloading...

You can probably get around the data cap by changing your MAC address whenever you hit the limit.
Not sure about changing the MAC address as the city network uses a web-based sign-in that is tied to your cell phone number. IF you are streaming video, music, or hitting Bit-Torrent quite hard you will hit the limit quickly. But for normal browsing and even game playing (unless your game is downloading more content in the background) it works well. If I am going to watch video, I will usually just download it and watch off-line and I don't bother streaming video as my old machine does not have much RAM (Firefox or Chrome eats what little RAM the machine has as an appetizer). My new machine does not have that problem but why bother streaming when I have a tasty music library on my hard drive?