Thread: Young Coders!
View Single Post
12-19-09, 06:33 AM   #35
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm 19 and I started coding around 12-14.

My first experiences were made with HTML and messing around with the PHP-code of some forum softwares. Then we got a programmable Casio graphics calculator for school and I've written some games on it (it was some kind of BASIC) ... well, atleast I did it as long as the memory wasn't full :/

My father gave me a little insight in Visual C++ and Java, but I found it too difficult at the first time, so I moved back to web design - this time more in CSS, JavaScript and my own PHP-projects with MySQL.

Then came the WoW addon-time, learning Lua and bypassing XML. Got into version control through this (yay!), first SVN, then Git. Besides, I went to computer science lessions in school, starting with Delphi and later VB.Net.
About one year ago I moved to Linux and since then I'm loving it. The whole commandline-stuff is a lot of fun (using Bash btw ) and I started to make a return to C++ - this time under the QT-Framework which has one of the best documentations I've ever seen.
In the recent times, I got in touch with Ruby a little, because I'm looking for an easy interpreted high-level programming language for small scripts.
And Java made its comeback, too - but only because I found my old LEGO Mindstorms robotics-set and tried to program it in leJOS.

All in all, I'm most active in these:
XHTML & CSS, C++ & QT and Lua, of course

Oh hai!