View Single Post
07-06-10, 08:37 PM   #19
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Seebs, I have to agree with at least part of ricks322's post (although not his tone). Don't make a big decision (like leaving wow) based on this admittedly stupid decision on Blizz's part. Just forget about the o-forums. I plan to.
It's really not that big a decision. This is a hobby. I play WoW to relax. It just stopped being relaxing.

Posting in the forums is the only way to actually get technical support -- email and phone both direct you to post in the forums. The forums are not optional.

Basically, though... I have too many friends for whom this is a much bigger deal breaker. If I stuck around and kept handing Blizzard money because it didn't directly affect me (it's not as though I keep my WoW hobby a secret), how do you think my friends would feel, the ones who loved the game but who have serious reasons not to be associated with their legal name? I think they'd feel like I didn't really care about things that matter to them. Blizzard screwed a lot of people over here. Even though I'm not really one of them, enough of my friends are that I feel like I have to stand with them on this matter.