View Single Post
03-27-13, 07:48 AM   #10
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Question marks mean that the font you are using doesn't support those characters. If you're loading Russian characters in the English client, and you're using the default Friz Quadrata font, you will get question marks. If you want to show Russian characters in a non-Russian game client, you need make sure the font you're using includes those characters.

Arial Narrow supports both Latin and Cyrillic characters.

The version of Friz Quadrata loaded in English clients only supports Latin characters, while the version loaded in Russian clients only supports Cyrillic.

The Friz Quadrata lookalikes used by Korean and Chinese clients support both, so if you like the look of Friz Quadrata, you might look into those:

Code:
2002.ttf       2002
2002B.ttf      2002 Bold
ARHei.ttf      AR CrystalzcuheiGBK Demibold
ARKai_C.ttf    AR ZhongkaiGBK Medium (Combat)
ARKai_T.ttf    AR ZhongkaiGBK Medium
(Remember, every client includes the font files for every locale, even if it doesn't load them.)
Okay, so just like i tought, since i use the inhertited text with xml, i need to create a custom template for the font i want to use which supports all characters? And why is it shows the enable button text and the dropdown label text correctly, but not the dropdown menus? Also any1 could show me a Custom xml font template?

Also if i like get the Friz Quadrata Cyrillic version is it gonna show Latin characters properly?

Last edited by Resike : 03-27-13 at 07:51 AM.