View Single Post
03-05-16, 11:46 PM   #6
sezz
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
  • A realmhopping addon that stays on other realms without staying in the group.
    I made this one for finding Voidtalon, but found it on my own realm 2 weeks after the patch came ;)
  • A simple background group scanning addon, helped me to get all the rare mounts when WoD came out (Pathrunner and all the others) and all the garrison boss mounts (it also does a quick scan after logging in).
    There are better solutions out there now for sure, but they didn't exist when I needed them.
  • A challenge mode addon that compares boss engage and kill times to the last run and also reminds when when to use invisibility, specific items and other stuff like that.
    Made that one during sell runs in MoP when they were still highly profitable, but didn't finish it. Maybe in Legion.
  • A small addon that temporary overrides all keybindings with custom ones - only useful when playing with other accounts.
    Accountsharing is bad bad bad. (I only needed this because I couldn't even move my sister's character because of her stupid keybindings)
  • Pet battle daily automation, spam one big button (or in my case the mouse wheel) to win.
    I'm sure Squirt hates me now for killing her pets hundrets of times.
  • AH automation to alert me when getting undercut
    Used this in MoP, pissed some people off. WoD made gold worthless, so there's no need for camping the AH 24/7 anymore (and I also don't have the time for it anymore)...
  • My whole UI and its module framework
    Did it for the challenge in 2008+ - I'm still using and extending it, but if I would do it again, I'd propably just use existing libraries now ;)
  • Other stuff I can't remember right now, mostly for automating boring tasks as much as possible.

My main reason for not releasing is that I don't write configuration GUIs (because this usually takes longer that implementing the main functionality itself) and I always create them as modules for my UI so I don't have to reinvent the wheel every time for simple tasks.

BTW @Miiru: Rarity adds a checkbox to the group finder to constantly refresh the list if you don't want to ruin your keyboard. It also plays a sound when a new group pops up.