View Single Post
11-12-08, 12:01 PM   #50
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Doomborne View Post
Did you read the login message?

Basically, after they brought the servers back up last night, someone noticed that, when viewed by a Priest or Warlock, the S2 vendor was giving those classes' gear away. For free. No charge. As well as some odds 'n ends, like a ring or a necklace was free from one of the other vendors. I think there was an issue with an offhand Arena item having a much lower price than it should have had. So everyone and their mother was rushing in and gobbling the stuff up...even rolling alts for the aforementioned classes to scoop up free loot.

Now, rather than people realizing that this gear will be irrelevant and nullified by Northrend greens in a matter of days, some threw a hissy fit. Because gosh, they had to "work" for their welfare epics, it took weeks of AFK'ing in BGs to accumulate that gear, so why should others just have irrelevant gear handed to them! The travesty of it all!

So, Blizzard did what they had to do to placate the whining masses; drop the servers again, probably ruining the last pre-exp. day before LK, and systematically go through and delete every single ill-begotten piece of loot from the inventory of those characters...or do a complete server roll-back of a few hours, screwing everyone that actually did anything during that time out of their accomplishments. Now, all we can hope is that they don't further **** anything up and get everything in a workable condition before midnight tonight when all hell breaks loose.

Personally, I reactivated my Warhammer account until all this insanity sorts itself out. Blizzard seems to be getting too big for it's own britches when it comes to technical issues such as this.
The gear was not intended to be free. They took the servers down to fix that. It had nothing to do with placating anyone.