View Single Post
04-01-11, 05:10 PM   #55
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You peoples take this day way to seriously ....

I want to share this story, because to me it sums up the idiocy in this thing we call "fools".

So, I get to work early with a great day ahead of me. Finish up a few documents, write a few emails, check a few people and go home for a long and much needed weekend.

Mr. Joe Blow walks into my office;

"Storm, I need to talk to you."

Ok?

"Well, as you may or may not have know I am interested in pursuing a different avenue in my career.... fast forward.... I would like to hand you my official resignation."

a few minutes go by as I'm reading this and thinking.

"HAHAH Storm, APRIL FOOLS!"

another sixty seconds go by.

"Storm? I was joking, it's April Fools."

another 30 seconds go by.

"Storm?"

Well Mr. Joe Blow, your performance has been, how can I say it, less than average. I have been more than patient with you by pointing out obvious downfalls through the months hoping that you would realize and change the way you conduct your tasks. It seems to me that in light of your recent action, you have yet to realize the problems in your ethics and found time to draw up this joke in light of breaking the ice? At this time I will sign and honor your resignation, please clear your things and good luck on your future endeavor.

"What? You're letting me GO?"

I am not letting you go or firing you, I am simply honoring your request.

"But that was a joke."

I understand that Mr. Blow, but given your performance I need someone on my team with professional, timely execution, and ability; all of which you lack. Please collect your things and go home. I will notify HR and they will work on your exit interview.

--Storms out of my office slamming my door--

I'll cut the end part, basically I get a call to see the President and HR Director. They ask if what I did was a joke to him in light of his action. I said no, produced my documentation showing the recorded conversations, problem areas, and his lack to change.

So the moral of the story? Watch what and who you play an April Fools joke on because in the end, you may be without a job!

I have zero guilt for the situation that took place and in fact I am rather pleased because now I can find a competent Technology professional who has ability and dedication.