View Single Post
09-08-12, 11:25 AM   #12
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
It's only my guess, but I can understand why none of the original developers have shown their presence on this forum. If I were one of them, I would dread the thought of the barrage of 'attacks' aimed at me, after I finally chose to make an appearance. The actual function of this forum (to provide meaningful support to user's questions for the Carbonite addon) would come to a crashing halt! We users would not even be able to find answers to our own questions without wading through hundreds of angry comments which, in themselves, would have nothing to do with our own topic/question.

I also believe that at least some of the original developers are 'lurking' unnoticed and are reading these various posts, especially after Rythal has been bustin' his butt to repair some gaps left behind by the developers, fix some of the new problems introduced by Blizzard, etc. This forum hasn't been this active in at least a year or more. I'm happy about that.

Personally, I have great respect for this "brain-child" addon created by the original developers. It enhanced the game significantly with tools that Blizzard didn't provide, although they should have (IMO).

Just as a real-life parent will always watch over their child, I choose to believe that the original developers watch closely to what is happening to their own "creation." At least, I would.

--If-- they choose to make an appearance, I imagine they would/will do so only if they come "bearing a gift" of some sort (even though it's not required, nor are they obligated to do so), to hopefully reduce the wrath that might be waiting. I say, "God bless each and everyone of them for the wonderful product they created - in years past!" And, "God bless the forum administrators who have stuck around and have never failed to continue helping all of us who want Carbonite!" And, "God bless Rythal" for ressurecting interest in the Carboniteaddon!" -- It's amazing to me what an impact that one man has had on so many lives!
I can agree there, it was quite amazing to see the difference from 2 weeks ago when I first posted, till now ... back then the forums were constant with people posting that things were not working.... now it's getting rare, either people not installing right and asking for help or a small bug report, but at times I can go hours refreshing and see nothing. Which tells me thankfully most of it is working :P but definitely if one of the devs poked there head in, there would be a firestorm.