View Single Post
07-23-16, 09:30 AM   #6
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Serpentacus View Post
the main thing i'm looking for is better tooltips, standard blizzard tooltips don't show on mobs that 'drop' items for a quest only on mobs that have to be killed for a quest, the arrow pointing to the current quest is a useful tool as well but i cannot get it to work on any other similar thing, tomtom or the like doesn't seem to like me, of course i cannot use the standard blizzard quest tracker to point the way to a particular quest either so thats problematic, honestly, I wouldn't mind a 'lite' version of the carbonite quests. one that allowed for quest tooltips, and carbonite map tracking, but utilized the standard blizzard tracker and quest log, unless enhancements are made to the current carbonite quest log and tracker it seems.... inferior to what blizzard has done with their logs and trackers at this point. but this is just my opinion.
The addon Wholly adds information to the tooltips about items a mob drops to start a quest, as well as putting pins on the map for those mobs as well. This should include both the normal Blizzard map as well as Carbonite maps. However, to run Wholly you need to also have the add Grail which provides the tons of quest information. I have always used TomTom in preference for pointing to things (other than the built-in Blizzard pointer).