View Single Post
11-16-20, 06:16 AM   #76
Niketa
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm having issues setting up my GitHub workflow and was hoping to get some help.

https://github.com/niketa-wow/guildb...thub/workflows

What I'm trying to accomplish:
1. Tags created from my development branch should remove the WoWI addon id as they will be alpha/beta releases only, which WoWI doesn't support.
2. Tags created from my stable branch should upload to both Curse and WoWI per usual.
3. Only new tags should be created.

Problems I'm having:
In the example I linked, I created a tag "GuildBankSnapshots-v2.0.4". I typically tag "AddonName-v0.0.0-beta", etc.
1. Builds are being tagged as alphas when they should be releases.
2. Possibly because of the above problem, nothing is being uploaded to WoWI. The API token is set up for the repo, so that's not the problem.
3. Uploads are being named with a random string at the end (for the commit or something, idk; I'm still a relative noob to git).
4. Pushing commits after creating a tag triggers builds again for the same tag. I tagged and pushed v2.0.4 and then made a small change to the workflow file and committed, which triggered the action to upload to Curse AGAIN for the same tag/file.

I wasn't really having issues like this with travis-ci, so I'm sure it's something about the "on" part of my Github actions and I can't quite figure it out.

Thanks!

(This particular addon, I need to change it up again and remove classic as it's not relevant for it. Copy and pasted from another addon I primarily work on and forgot to take that off. But alas, I'm afraid to make the change again and have to go back and manually delete files from Curse again. Been doing that all night.)

Last edited by Niketa : 11-16-20 at 06:23 AM.