View Single Post
04-20-14, 07:54 AM   #12
Digital_Utopia
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, if you're talking specifically about the WorldMaps, WoW doesn't really put them together, per se. It's just the world map frame has several sections for its own piece of the full map.

Now, if you're talking about the exploration areas that show up when you discover them, then it gets a little more complicated.

WoW uses a bunch of database files that are stored in the MPQs, which provide all sorts of information for - well, all sorts of things. One of those files are for the placement of those parts of the world map.

As far as an out of game script that generates all these images as a single one, I made a php script that does exactly that. Unfortunately, I lost my webhost, and had a recent hard drive failure, so the database table that held this information, which I parsed from the WoW database file, is currently missing.

Actually...wow.

Apparently I also made a db file parser in php for the map data, to insert it into a database.

I know this is a pretty old thread, but in case someone wants it, I'll edit this to provide a link in a little bit