View Single Post
03-07-11, 08:08 AM   #268
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lol. Brothers in mind. hank had the same idea for a new cooldown display as myself. (using the border and no spiral)
I would start in the top left corner though. Not sure if top center is actually needed since it is a different kind of display.

Btw is the coloring based on time or depending on percent? Because you could have a long buff that turns red if it is still active for 5min.

What I was thinking through is the idea of having each side for a specific time span. Top for stuff < 10sec. Right for stuff > 10sec < 30sec. Bottom for >30sec < 2min and left for > 2min < 2h

That way you could look at a icon and tell just by looking at the border how long it will take to run out. Once the timer is <2min the depletion time would be the same for every icon.

A percentage value would not deliver that. It would just deplete at random speed based on aura timer.

Plus: You could remove the aura time fontstring.

Another possibility is use the full 4 border in different colors for each timespan.
Phase 1: Aura > 2min - green color, 4 borders
Once the 4 borders of green color have depleted it enters green-yellow stage.
Phase 2: Aura >30sec - lime color, 4 borders
Phase 3: Aura > 10sec - orange color, 4 borders
Phase 4: Aura > 0sec - red color

But I think that could be disturbing.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 03-07-11 at 08:18 AM.