View Single Post
05-25-10, 10:12 PM   #28
Cogwheel
Sans Poisson

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
I think it might be a nice addition to the McRun macro if we were able to separate the McRun mods using <> this would allow the naming of each snippet by having name<code>, it would also make it substantially easier for an external addon created to manage snippets to differentiate between different snippets.
something like this
lua Code:
  1. /run local function m(p,e)local s,i,f,c={},0,GetMacroInfo repeat s[i]=c i=i+1 c,c,c=f(p..i)until(not c)table.concat(s," "):gsub("%b<>",function(x)setfenv(loadstring(x:sub(2,-2)),e and setmetatable(e,{__index=_G})or _G)()end)end m"McLib"m"McLoad"McRun=m
if 1 > 1 - 1 then this:fail() end

Put another way, any additions to the "syntax" of McRun scripts would either interfere with the lua syntax or require too much code to accomplish robustly (special comments, for instance would consume a lot of characters). Plus, I don't think you'd gain more characters than you would save by tighter packing (or at least not enough to make the extra library weight worth it).

That or I'm just being stubborn. I don't want to make any changes to McRun's fundamental architecture at this point.

<edit>
As far as McRun management addons, I think using the names of the macros will suffice.
</edit>

Also the current Mc<addons> are making pretty quick progress

le squee

Last edited by Cogwheel : 05-26-10 at 09:52 AM.