Thread: RealUI
View Single Post
06-16-14, 11:14 PM   #3483
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
Bleh, I'm still working out how to best rewrite Aurora. There's a lot to take into account.

The first big choice I have to make is how to deal with the version fragmentation. Currently, I have a lighter version of Aurora built into my own UI, with mostly duplicate code, but changes here and there, so it's easy to mess up. It also means users of my own UI have less options than Aurora users which is kinda weird.

I'm either moving the Aurora code out of my own UI and instead making the UI dependent on the standalone addon (or even just having Aurora be optional), or rewriting my whole UI into a modular "Aurora UI". With just the core and Theme module, it would work just like the old Aurora. I'm not sure whether I'd still upload it as a separate download then.

Then I have to figure out how to handle customization. Do I add a whole bunch of options to control backgrounds, borders, colours, etc? Do I just allow people to register their own style methods in other addons so I don't have to worry about it? I don't know.

There's a lot of work ahead either way
I kind of like how oUF was built. You could have a core Aurora addon, then the skin (optionally, with Aurora embedded) to define the look.

Anyway, <3<3<3<3 I look forward to checking it out when you get started.