View Single Post
05-27-16, 03:32 PM   #81
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by semlar View Post
I agree with zork, it would make a lot more sense to generate your animation texture in the shape that you want than trying to fix it in-game.

It is possible to do what you want using rotations, but I don't think I can explain how to combine matrix transformations well enough to someone who doesn't already know something about matrices to make sense of it.

Essentially you would have to apply your translation, which is where you move the texture to a particular location (one of the 60 frames of your animation), then apply a rotation matrix centered around that point.

This page explains how to do the math involved (2 dimensional rotation), but really without some background on this subject already you're going to have a hard time applying it to what you're trying to do.

I would only do it this way if you really have to have your textures look like this and you can't generate them in the shape that you want.
When your addon requires knowledge of what I believe would be fourier transformations (right, rotating a square to make a circular pattern?) it can probably be done more efficiently :P