View Single Post
01-03-10, 07:22 PM   #8
chsmi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
This is in another thread, as well... and as with the other thread, here's the line that's throwing the error...

local width = (ChatFrameEditBox:GetRight() - ChatFrameEditBox:GetLeft()) / ChatFrameEditBox:GetEffectiveScale();

As you can see, it's a very simple line and the only way we can get the error message [ Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_ChatFrame.lua:214: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value ] is if the chat frame edit box is not anchored to anything... which is usually the result of either another mod hiding it or the "simple chat" option.

Can you humor me and verify conclusively that the simple chat option hasn't been set by another mod and that no other mods are interacting with the chat frame.
Confirmed..I am actually in-game now with no errors, and should've mentioned in my prior response that I was able to confirm that both the checkboxes are disabled in-game. To my knowledge, none of the mods I have installed interact with the chat frame.

A strange problem, considering it's intermittent nature. I agree that there must be something on my end causing it, I just can't figure out for the life of me what it might be. I'll see if I can figure it out...and if not--well, I suppose since I don't get the error the majority of the time, I can live with it.

Thanks for the help, all.