View Single Post
05-17-09, 08:51 PM   #52
FlareCDE
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I had only a couple of complaints about the movie, and it was very very minor.

1) Since even in Enterprise they had Phase pistols, why were their weapons shooting bolts?

2) Since when did Federation Starships have machine gun phaser things on their hulls?
Both the Kepler and Enterprise had both types of weapons, the traditional phasers and these new (old) bolt type weapons. As for the hand phasers, who knows. But the effect of them switching from stun to kill was cool - you notice it best after Kirk stuns that Romulan.

I believe the first Enterprise has those pew pew lasers before they created / mounted phase cannons on it. I didn't follow Enterprise too closely, I hated that Vulcan chick with a passion. I would have to dig out the tech books (yes, they wrote and I own Trek tech books), but I don't think the phaser strips were around until TNG.

Some of the science made me cringe, but it's Star Trek, what else is new? It's already notorious for that sort of thing :P. I love how the teleporter seems to become more powerful the content they make. Classic move at the speed of plot Trek, almost to the point of homage since it's one of the biggest complaints I've seen. I thought it was actually in a TNG episode where they finally figured out how to warp to a ship in warp, and only then while matching warp speeds.

And yes, red shirt dies. Woot!