Thread: Addon help
View Single Post
09-20-15, 09:21 AM   #16
Nimhfree
A Frostmaul Preserver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In my addon Grail, I look for LOOT_CLOSED events in specific zones to handle looting chests (and it happens to work with looting monsters too). Grail then checks the quests that are completed to note which ones have just been done to know what is happening. This is how it can show you a list of all the treasures that you have not completed yet, for example. The same for rare monsters, etc. Therefore, you can definitely make use of this, but I am not sure I would do what you are doing here. Actually, if I were using Grail, I would do something like what is done in the Grail-When loadable addon, where I just register with Grail as an observer when a quest is complete, and if that quest is on one of the list of rares in which one has interest, do whatever you want (like leave the group). Grail would only tell you that you have completed the quests after you had done LOOT_CLOSED after killing a rare. Note that you might not actually loot the monster, or lack bag space, etc. so your check might want to be more extensive that what Grail does.