View Single Post
10-04-16, 02:35 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I originally wrote that code back in Patch 1.12 (2006), when Silithus was revamped with world PvP objectives, and the only change it's needed since then was to update for the removal of global script arguments (eg. "this") in Patch 3.0 (2008). Unless there's some major change to the API or to the frame itself, I don't see that there's anything to "update", and regardless of whether or not it still works, I have no plans to officially publish that code as an addon.

At this point in time, if you want to move default UI frames around, I would recommend MoveAnything or another general-purpose solution instead of an addon that was written 10 years ago to move a single frame.

If you really want to use that code anyway, either check the "Load out of date addons" option in-game, or update the Interface number in the TOC file any time there's a major patch.

If someone else has some interest in publishing such an addon, feel free to use my code as a base (though considering it was one of the first pieces of Lua code I ever wrote, it's probably pretty cringe-worthy) but consider it to be under the same license terms as my released addons, which essentially says you can do whatever you want with the code, as long as you do it under your own name (don't list me as the author) and you come up with your own name for the addon that doesn't include the one I used (if it's originally "X" don't call it "X Fan Update" or "X 2" or anything like that). If you want to include a credits notation (ie. "Based on Addon X by Phanx") that's fine, but consider that entirely optional; I am not concerned at all about being credited.