View Single Post
09-10-09, 04:39 AM   #5
Republic
Paladin

Any gear/player rating addon is part of the problem, not the solution. My advice is to avoid them like the plague and the idiots that run them. They only serve vanity. Period. The ONLY, and I do mean ONLY way that I would pay any of these things more than half a mind is if there was ONE standard method of evaluation/ranking/rating. You have Wowhead profiler scores, Wow Heroes scores, Billy Bob's elite gear and endowment stroker, Joe Addon's neat gear checker, and a host of other random crap out there. None of them produce the same results and thus, all of them are useless crap.

I can tell you from firsthand experience that it's possible for a tank to hit a higher gear score with lower mitigation/avoidance/tanking gear. How's that for a ranking system? Pretty rank if you ask me! My paladin tank can boost his gear score by equipping a few pieces that I typically keep in the bank because they don't improve me as a TANK. You know, my primary role.

I have yet to meet anyone that wants a tank with lower mitigation/avoidance/tank stats in favor of one with a higher gear score. If you know of anyone this stupid, they are probably about to burst with premature manlove about the next expansion and all its vanity appeal.

Pfft. Gear scores? Addons that contribute to elitist children? Yeah, I got yer gear score right here! Know what I'm saying? Of course you do.

Good luck fighting the elitist idiots (or are they jerks?) and the addons/sites/tools they covet. Here's to hoping there will be one standard someday if these slapnuts are going to continue using/running/making these things.

...don't hold your breath.

(as a disclaimer, I don't intend to offend anyone who makes otherwise well-intentioned addons, sites, or tools...this isn't about you and your hard work to help advance a community...it's about the damned fools that abuse them)