View Single Post
10-14-14, 05:14 AM   #4
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
As for your second point, it's generally pretty dififcult to enforce rules on this kind of categorisation which by nature can be a little vague. We're always open to suggestions, though.

Take your example for instance:

That said, I move to my problem... Why are AddOns like "FreeUI" listed as "Graphical Compilations"??? When if you look at FreeUI and/or use it, then you cannot readily identify any real custom graphics are used. You can also tell by simply viewing the screenshots that the UI is a "Minimalistic UI". Now I could understand that if it were a Minimalistic -and- Graphical UI then yes it should be listed in both categories. Yet, you cannot readily identify any custom graphics in the UI. FreeUI is a Minimalistic UI, not a graphical one, and there a TON of these "Mislabelings" going on throughout -ALL- of the Compilations Categories. In fact, the one I'd say that has the least of them is the Suites, but even then that one could be questioned by my personal opinion in believing that a Suite should have it's own customization/installation menus.
I added FreeUI to the Graphical UI category because a large component of it is the embedded version of my Aurora addon. This changes the look of every frame and panel in the default UI, and while you are correct that it uses few custom textures, changing the appearance of the default UI is its only purpose. Because of that, the UI provides a complete visual overhaul.

I'm not saying that either point of view is more correct than the other, but you can see how it is open to interpretation.