View Single Post
11-11-16, 04:12 PM   #4
_Max_Cavalera_
A Fallenroot Satyr

I completely forgot to say that the event that seems to be some times ignored is only the initial one, in my case the PLAYER_LOGIN.
I also tried PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD and have the same problem, some times it works, some times it doesn't.

I've seen it happen on the PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED but it's VERY rare, but it's probably from the same reason.

The rest of them seem to work well every time, every time I use an artifact power item I look at the addon and it seems to always update instantly to that event.

I'm gonna add this to the original post.

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
Most ArtifactUI data isn't available when PLAYER_LOGIN fires. As the ArtifactUI is built off the old socketing system, you need to attempt to socket an artifact using SocketInventoryItem() or SocketContainerItem() and wait for ARTIFACT_UPDATE to fire before you can get meaningful data.

You might want to get an error display addon like Swatter or BugSack as the Blizzard default error handler is terrible at reporting errors on login.

PS: Since 7.0, textures don't support setting them to a solid color via :SetTexture() anymore. This functionality was split off into a new function :SetColorTexture().
I am using bugsack, isn't reporting anything from that.

The strange thing about that PLAYER_LOGIN not having the ArtifactUI data is that some times it works, so how is it working those times?

Thanks for the tip on the texture thing, i'm going to check it out.

Last edited by _Max_Cavalera_ : 11-11-16 at 04:18 PM.