View Single Post
07-22-12, 09:06 AM   #135
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Maul, using Mind Control/Dominate Mind and the alike also counts as possess.

According to those tests, the buttons on the actual actionbar were still 133+, though the two buttons that replaces the stancebar are the actual buttons that is counted as the possess buttons by the blizzard ui.
I am not too concerned about Dominate Mind type of actions, as they seem to now be considered [pet] and the pet action ID's 1-10 properly reflect abilities using Dominate Mind. I can live with that as a solution.

My primary concern is the "non-vehicle" vehicle bars (I used to call them "possess" states because that is how they seem to behave, that a character would "possess" an NPC or object rather than mount a vehicle). This bar would be better called the "Alt Player Action Bar" based on the fact that their textures are in the "PLAYERACTIONBARALT" art folder. Which reminds me, this state is the same used by the darkmoon faire. Since [bonusbar:5] no longer seems valid, the darkmoon alt action bars most likely also do not have any macro conditional that an addon can react to. I will have to remember to test that the next time the DMF is up.

So the new macro conditional I am seeking would probably be better called [actionbaralt] or something along those lines, though I think [possess] or [possessui] works just as well, as the character is possessing something for the time being (like a DMF tonk)

And, from my tests, these alternate action bars on the beta so far use the higher action ID range I indicated previously (157-162).

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
So what we need [possess] or something alike it for is just to know when to swap the buttons replaced on the main menu bar securely. Anything non-secure can be detected with UPDATE_POSSESS_BAR and IsPossessBarVisible().
Exactly, and for my addon, I need to be able to securely assign the proper action ID range based on what is happening. So far, I can do that for everything save for these "possess"/"alt action bar" states and the extra action button (but that has a work-a-round, though I would prefer a direct macro conditional for knowing when the extra button is active or not)

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]

Last edited by Maul : 07-22-12 at 09:09 AM.