Thread: Making a UI
View Single Post
02-05-09, 08:14 AM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You will need

Addon Control Panel (To enable/disable mods ingame)
AddonLoader (you could delay heavy mods to be loaded after you enter the world, for example me Im delaying Auctioneer to load just on auctionhouse show, bigwigs/littlewigs only if I type /bigwigs nor if Im in a instance, AddonLoader helps you managing all that so you could have tons of heavy mods runing while you have a fast loading time because addons won't looad when you enter world of reloadui but delayed after, you have to mod a lot of toc file though to make mods compatible with addonloader because not a lot knows it. Just simply delay the load of Auc-Stat-StdDev and Informant and all others Auc* stuffs should be loaded only on auctionhouse show.
You would consider something other than FuBar, here after some benchmark test I ended up with a FuBar full of plugin but the FuBar was taking up to 20% of the cpu sometimes! there is lightweight alternatives now with the lib LibDataBroker and tons of bar mods acepting LDB, i have listed almost them all here in the supported mod list.

I think overally you have good mods but if yu are looking lightweight you should focus on:

-removing embedded libs from each addon and put the libs in standalone mod as any other addon works, that way all addons call one copy of the lib rather than calling several copies of a same lib
-ACP for easy load/disload of mods in game
-AddonLoader optionaly to delay big mods
-priotize the run of lightweight mods, just enable on demand what do you really need example, AckisRecipeList by default supports AddonLoader, this make Ackis mod to load only if you type /ackis nor load your tradskill windows but if you dont install AddonLoader, Ackisrecipe wont be delayed and will be loaded anytime your enterworld or reloadui and it affects a lot the load time. the same for other Bigs ones like Mobinfos* BigsWigs* AtlasLoot* etc but not all supports the loader by default so you have to add them yourself in toc files. Good luck thats worse trying all that you will see sounds fastidious but thats really easy finaly
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)

Last edited by Mera : 02-05-09 at 08:22 AM.