View Single Post
08-24-18, 02:37 PM   #15
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MuffinManKen View Post
It seems really bizarre that just using AceLibrary causes this conflict. Removing that from AutoBar is going to be a massive pain.
I'm not removing all of AceLibrary, just LibAbacus-3.0. What is happening to Skillet is that LibAbacus-3.0 is crashing from some other addon's use of it but since Skillet has the most recent copy, Skillet appears in the traceback. If you follow the traceback down past all the LibAbacus-3.0 calls, you don't find a call from Skillet, you find some other addon.

LibAbacus-3.0 was last updated in 2012 (last released version 2008). The chances are slim to none that a bug in LibAbacus-3.0 is going to be fixed. It is such a simple library that I was able to eliminate the need for it in Skillet in less than an hour.

Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the packager. It is beginning to look like I'll have to abandon Skillet and recreate it as Skillet2 because I can't get the packager to remove LibAbacus-3.0 from the Skillet package. The "owner" of the project hasn't been active on the project for years now and only pops up when I attempt to take ownership away from him. Getting a response from CurseForge or WowAce development is equally difficult.