View Single Post
09-17-12, 06:05 PM   #4
Goranth
An Aku'mai Servant
Problem with that theory..... If he posts his own, especially after being told not to, he could get in a lot of legal ****. I am happy to hear that there has been some collaboration with the actual Carbonite team. I have a better idea.

I am still running the last fan update. I was offline for a couple days when the 'official' release came out and after reading up first, decided I would just leave it be. I have ZERO LUA errors so far and things that were never fixed for the whole of Cata are working.

Why not take Rythal's version and fix from there. It sounds to me like half the work that Fataal would have to do is done and if there is to be more collaboration, why not start with something that works instead of a rushed & broken appeasement. I know for one, and I hope the authors take no offence to this, but I am NOT updating **** until I see that Rythal and the rest of the active community have given it the same or better review as the last fan update. Hell from the sounds of it, had the dev patch not come out, we would have a pristine Carbonite localized to every zone by now.

All the best and I hope that the logical, sensible and fan-winning decision to fix this mess up with Rythal's help (or sign-over) continues and exceeds our hopes.