View Single Post
01-10-15, 03:56 PM   #6
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
The API is really simple, but a bit more documenation is always helpful, so here goes:

Lua Code:
  1. Nx.Notes:AddonNote(folder,name,icon,id,x,y)
  • "folder" is your addon/sub-addon name, for filtering, e.g. "TimelessIsleTreasures"; all notes that belong together share the same folder name.
  • "name" is the unique name of the note, e.g. "moss-covered chest 1". A second Note with the same name will overwrite the first one.
  • "icon" is a number between 1 and 28 (search the NxNote.lua code for self.NoteIcons) - we can probably either add more icons or allow to introduce your own textures rather easily, by adding "or index" to line 157.
  • "id" is the mapid of the zone your note should be displayed to; a look at Carbonite/Data/Zones.lua may be helpful in finding the correct id.
  • "x" and "y" are rather self-explanatory.
thanks for this information. unfortunately I am not competent even to follow these directions ! I need some additional guidance if you can. here is what I have tried:
* I added a test note and then tried to find where it was written in the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Notes - and could not find manually looking through code using notepad.exe (also hoping that the file modified date would help)
* similarly i looked elsewhere under the \world of warcraft folder - and still could not find it
* copied the sample files from the \API sample folder to see if they could be imported and viewed in game.

SO i really don't know what i'm doing obviously. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.