View Single Post
12-11-07, 10:09 AM   #22
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Republic
1) Stop the extra work. 2) Maintain an official portal site. 3) Keep your portal updated. 4) Relax and fix problems as time allows. Easy enough, isn't it?
1) Then someone else would need to pickup the project, and we (angry players) all go without in the meantime. 2) Are you willing to pay for a site for me? 3) See #2 4) See #1
I chose to use WoWI as my projects main site. I chose use Curse as a mirror (less so since I'm disappointed with most of their changes). Still takes me 20 minutes+ to update both sites.

Originally Posted by Republic
It's plastered all over the top downloads, etc. and is clearly visible right on the front page as a "source" for Fubar. Now, if I were CK, which thankfully I'm not, I'd probably want to keep my own PORTAL updated.
FuBar is in top downloads because it's been downloaded tens of thousands of times. This site does not claim to be the source for FuBar. CKK has a life outside of the game and I hear that he has MIA for a bit. Gotta give the guy a break. If you had an emergency in your personal life, wouldn't it be more important that typing on a webpage?

Titan has been a pretty dead/dying project for awhile. As you mentioned in an early post about a group continuing it, that's exactly what happened with Titan. Some folks were keeping things working with it, but I don't even know if they are still around. FuBar on the other hand it pretty well maintained. Wild shot in the dark that all your problems started when CKK switched to using Rock. It didn't break anything, just changed it.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just playing devil's advocate. You make some good points. It is frustrating sometimes. Like Wowgamer mentioned, sometimes it's not even th authors who are redistributing addons. But the simple truth is that noone gets paid for programming these addons, therefore we aren't owed anything.